Clip ‘n Climb FAQs
Our aim for this is page is to answer the main questions our guests have before their visit. If you have any questions that are not covered or need further clarification, please contact us before your visit. We will keep updating this page, so it is as helpful as possible.
but we recommend our sessions in the late afternoon and early evening as they tend to attract more of our teenage and adult climbers.
For health and safety reasons, we restrict the number of non climbers on the climbing arena, so please discuss any requirements you might have for carers to accompany your climber so we can make suitable arrangements.
We have a limited amount of reserved parking spaces on site. Subject to availability, you can reserve a parking space if you have a disabled badge or are bringing a school or youth group. Please contact the centre in advance of your visit to make arrangements.
We have a limited amount of reserved parking spaces on site. Subject to availability, you can reserve a parking space if you have a disabled badge or are bringing a school or youth group. Please contact the centre in advance of your visit to make arrangements. Please note that as we are not tenants of Cambridge Leisure, we are not able to validate parking tickets.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your session starts e.g. 1.20pm for a 1.30pm session start.
The first half an hour will comprise of your introduction, safety briefing and harness fitting. This is then followed by 55 minutes in the Clip ‘n Climb arena and 5 minutes where we collect the harnesses and usher you back to the café/viewing area. You will then climb for 55 minutes e.g. 2.00pm-.2.55pm. With the last 5 minutes of the session, we will collect the harnesses and usher everyone back to the café/viewing area.
If you find out that children can’t make the party nearer to the date, we are able to refund a maximum of two children with at least 48 hours’ notice.
• We are unable to host any climbers who are wearing open-toed shoes (EG. sandals), or specialist rock-climbing shoes. We strongly recommend trainers.
• Climbers with long hair (below shoulder-length) must tie it back behind them. We can provide hairbands for 50p each. You can purchase these from our reception desk.
• We ask that all climbers remove wrist-watches, bracelets and bangles.
• Our extreme challenges, the Stairway to Heaven and Vertical Drop Slide, have a recommended minimum height of 120cm.
• Upon arrival, we recommend that all climbers make full use of the toilet facilities before their briefing – as we do not allow climbers to use the toilet while wearing a harness (for obvious reasons!).
• We have lockers available to store personal belongings. These lockers require a £1 coin, which is refunded when you leave.
For catered parties, we serve food at the end of climbing session. This usually lasts for approximately half an hour, making the entire event two hours long.
If you are a blue-badge holder, please let us know, and we will try to reserve an on-site space for you.
Regrettably, we are unable to cancel or refund any spaces unused on the day of the booking.