We are so pleased to have you back at Clip ‘n Climb Cambridge.
As you can imagine, we have had to make lots changes to adhere to the Government guidelines, and after advice from various health and safety and climbing associations.
We are confident that these changes will still allow you to have FUN with us, and we’ll certainly help all we can to make your trip as amazing as it was pre-lockdown.
Here’s a handy video with some of the key things from our wall manufacturers, Clip ‘n Climb.
Extra measures in place
All of these measures are around some central things that we have in place now:
- As a climbing centre, we are classified as a gym. You must ensure your booking falls within current guidelines particularly in terms of size and households. We have written a blog with when you can book different sessions, but here's an overview. Please help us by keeping in line with these restrictions.
Bookings for 12.4.21-16.5.21: We can only take bookings for individual households (including support bubbles and permitted child care bubbles)
Bookings for 17.5.21-20.6.21: We can only take bookings for groups of up to 6, including spectator/helpers.
Bookings from 21.6.21 onwards: We can take bookings for multiple households.
- We need to limit the number of people coming into the centre, which includes member of staff, spectators, climbers and helpers, and therefore cannot have more than one spectator/helper per booking until 20.6.21, unless we have permitted this in advance.
- To help with social distancing, we are not able to help with Belaymate unless people are really in need. We therefore need to have parents and carers helping on the arena for any climber who cannot operate our clipping system by themselves, and we thank you for your help. We will help with harnessing, all rescues, operating the Extreme Challenges, and provide help and encouragement as much as possible verbally.
- We need to ensure social distancing throughout the whole centre.
- We have an enhanced cleaning schedule in place. As with all public places, we cannot sanitise all surfaces all of the time. We therefore ask you to sanitise your hands on entry, and at regular points during your visit.
We ask for your understanding with all of this.
Your climbing session
- Unless specified, climbing sessions last for 90 minutes. The first 30 minutes will comprise your safety briefing and harness fitting. This is then followed by 55 minutes in the Arena and 5 minutes where we collect the harnesses and usher you back to the café/viewing area.
- If you have booked an exclusive climbing hire, please be aware that there will be other members of the public in the building who are attending other climbing sessions.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 who is required to sign the disclaimer form and be present during the climbing session. Unaccompanied children will not be allowed to climb and will lose their session.
- If one parent or guardian is bringing multiple children, some of whom are not their own, that adult is responsible for the whole group.
- Loose fitting clothes are recommended.
- Only closed toe shoes are allowed. For safety reasons, we cannot allow sandals, flip flops or rock shoes into the Arena.
- Please keep jewellery to a minimum. We do have the facility to safely secure jewellery if required.
- Booking is as normal through our booking site. Please make sure that you have pre-booked a session. You can only make a booking if it complies with government guidelines at the time of booking.
- For bookings up to 20.6.21: Please note that all spectators and/or helpers (any non-climbers) need to be booked in too, to help us manage the number of people on-site. We can only have a limited number of non-climbers (whether helping or spectating) in the arena per session. Please don’t bring spectators who have not been booked in, including babies and additional adults.
- Under 13-year olds need to have an adult with them in the centre.
- We would recommend that any climber under the age of 10 has someone with them, either climbing themselves or not, that can help them clip on and off the walls. Please make sure that these people are booked in when you make your initial booking. Our team are there to advise, but they can only approach people if absolutely necessary.
- Tickets for the Extreme Challenges can be bought in-centre and on-line.
- We have had to update our waivers, so unfortunately, even if you’ve signed a waiver with us before April 2020, you will have to sign this again. Please do this before your session if you can.
- For the foreeable future, we will have no parking available in front of the centre. Information about the nearest parking is in our FAQs, under preparation and booking. This is because we need to manage a queue of people, which will include small children, so don’t want moving cars near the centre.
- Please put your face mask on before you entre the centre, and sanitise your hands at the front door.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your session. Please have your booking reference ready.
- Please make sure that all climbers are wearing closed-toe shoes.
Getting ready to climb
- We will ask all climbers and helpers to go to the mezzanine for harnessing and to watch the briefing video, with an additional part regarding the Clip-Climb-Clean initiative. You can watch the video here. Our instructors will help you with your harness to make sure it is on safely.
- As always, please take off any jewellery, hoodies, or anything that could get caught while you are climbing.
Being in the centre
- You are required to wear a face mask unless you are climbing, or exempt from wearing one. Please see our latest guidance on face masks.
- We have worked really hard to be safe, but also to keep your party as comfortable as possible, please adhere to social distancing at all times.
- All payments in the centre are by card. We accept Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards (but not American Express). We won’t hold any cash.
- If you would like to use a locker, please bring £1 with you. This is returned to you.
- There are sanitizing stations around the centre, so please santisise your hands regularly whilst climbing.
- We have an enhanced cleaning schedule with staff cleaning throughout the day.
- There will be a limited number of climbers on the arena.
- Parent are allowed on the arena as always.
- Our team will help to harness the climbers.
- All wall stickers and toys will be sterilized after every session.
- Our cafe is only open for takeaways until 16th May. We also won't serve hot food during this time.
- After 17th May, Come and treat yourself at our Base Camp Cafe. You can buy hot and cold drinks, slushies (of course!) and a range of cakes, snacks and delicious handmade pizzas. Please note our pizzas are for takeaway only.
- You can pre-order your slush to be ready for the end of your session when you make your booking, and when you are in the centre.
- We believe in inclusion at Clip 'n Climb Cambridge and will always endeavour to help any individual or group with special requirements to participate.
- We have a disabled hoist to help climbers that need extra assistance on our walls.
- Please contact the centre to discuss any special requirements you have.
photos and social media
- Parents / Guardians are welcome to take photos of their friends and family at this facility. Clip 'n Climb Cambridge cannot be held responsible for photos taken and used by members of the public.
- Clip 'n Climb Cambridge promote their business via the following Social Media channels, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Should you wish to be excluded from any marketing activities please notify a member of staff prior to your climbing session.
- For standard climbing bookings you can cancel or amend your booking up to 48hrs in advance of your booking date.
- For Exclusive Climbing Sessions and Corporate Events you can cancel or amend your booking up to 7 days in advance of your booking date. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds if less notice is given.
- To cancel your entire party or to reduce the booking size by more than 2 climbers, we require a minimum of 7 days' notice in order to issue a refund, and 48 hours’ notice for 1 or 2 climbers.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not come to the centre. Call us on 01223 941700 to rebook your session, free of charge, for a time at least 3 weeks from your initial booking.
- We need to wear a face mask.
- We will be as verbally helpful as possible when you are using Belaymate, and will physically help if absolutely necessary.
- We will still perform rescues and operate the Extreme Challenges.
- We can’t high five you for now, but we’re very proud of what you achieve in your session!
If you would like to know more about what we are doing in the centre, visit How we are managing the centre post-lockdown